Welcome, Aero Reader! Are you looking for a way to easily access your archived orders on Amazon? You’ve come to the right place. As an experienced Amazon shopper, I understand the importance of being able to view past purchases and track deliveries. In this article, I will guide you through the process of viewing your archived orders on Amazon step by step. So let’s get started!
Why Are Archived Orders Important?
Before we dive into the details, let’s first understand why archived orders are so important. When you purchase items on Amazon, they are typically moved to your “Order History” by default. However, as time goes by and your order history grows, finding specific past purchases can become challenging. That’s where archived orders come in handy. By archiving orders, you can declutter your order history and keep track of only the most recent purchases. But how do you access these archived orders? Let’s find out.
Accessing Archived Orders on Amazon
Method 1: Using the Desktop Website
If you prefer using Amazon’s desktop website, follow these simple steps to access your archived orders:
- Visit the Amazon website.
- Hover over the “Accounts & Lists” dropdown menu located at the top right corner of the page.
- Select “Your Orders” from the dropdown menu.
- On the next page, click on the “Archived Orders” tab on the top right side of the screen.
- You should now be able to see all your archived orders in a list format.
By following these steps, you can easily access and manage your archived orders on Amazon’s desktop website.
Method 2: Using the Amazon Mobile App
If you prefer using the Amazon mobile app, don’t worry, accessing your archived orders is just as simple. Here’s how:
- Open the Amazon mobile app on your device.
- Tap on the menu icon (usually three horizontal lines) located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and select “Your Orders” from the menu options.
- On the “Your Orders” page, tap on the “Archived Orders” tab.
- You will now be able to view your archived orders on your mobile device.
With these two methods, you can easily access your archived orders on both the desktop website and the Amazon mobile app.
|Order Date||The date when the order was placed.|
|Order Number||A unique identification number assigned to each order.|
|Product||The name or description of the ordered product.|
|Price||The total cost of the product(s) ordered.|
|Status||The current status of the order, such as shipped, delivered, or canceled.|
|Actions||Options to manage the order, such as tracking, returning, or leaving a review.|
The archived orders table provides a breakdown of the key information you can expect to see when accessing your archived orders. This overview allows you to easily find and track the specific details you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How far back can I view my archived orders?
You can view your archived orders as far back as the beginning of your Amazon account history. There’s no time limit for accessing archived orders.
2. Can I unarchive an order if I need to?
No, once an order is archived, you cannot unarchive it. Archived orders are permanently stored separately from your regular order history.
3. Is there a limit to the number of orders I can archive?
No, you can archive as many orders as you’d like. However, keep in mind that archiving orders is primarily meant to declutter your order history, so it’s best to archive only those orders you don’t need to view frequently.
4. Are returns or refunds affected by archiving?
No, archiving an order does not affect the returns or refunds process. You can still initiate returns or apply for refunds for archived orders.
5. Can I search for specific archived orders?
Absolutely! Both the desktop website and mobile app provide search functionality. You can search for archived orders using keywords such as product names, order numbers, or dates.
6. Can I leave a review for an archived order?
Yes, you can leave a review for an archived order just like any other order. Simply navigate to the order details page of the archived order and find the option to leave a review.
7. Can I track the delivery of archived orders?
Yes, you can track the delivery of archived orders by clicking on the tracking number provided in the order details. This will redirect you to the shipping carrier’s website.
8. Can I print an invoice for an archived order?
Absolutely! Both the desktop website and mobile app allow you to generate and print an invoice for any order, including archived ones.
9. Can I reorder products from archived orders?
Yes, you can easily reorder products from your archived orders. Simply navigate to the order details page of the archived order and find the option to reorder.
10. Can I access my archived orders from a previous Amazon account?
If you’re using a different Amazon account, you won’t be able to access the archived orders from your previous account. Archived orders are tied to the specific Amazon account they were made on.
Now that you know how to see archived orders on Amazon, you can easily find and manage your past purchases. Whether you’re using the desktop website or the mobile app, accessing your archived orders is a breeze. Remember, archived orders help declutter your order history and allow you to focus on the most recent purchases. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to explore our help pages or contact Amazon’s customer support. Happy shopping!